Turning energy into ambition…One awesome kid at a time.
What if there was a way to teach our kids important life skills without them even knowing? There is! NinjaZone teaches children many life lessons disguised in the form of strength and agility, coordination, and your child’s favorite ninja moves. We are beyond happy to offer NinjaZone classes and parties at the United Team Sports Center (UTSC).
What exactly is NinjaZone?
NinjaZone is a sport that combines martial arts, obstacle course training, gymnastics, and freestyle movement. It is a fast-paced class where kids can learn, boost their physical fitness, and have a blast. NinjaZone is not just an obstacle course; it is a developmental program that challenges kids in many techniques and disciplines. NinjaZone creates a unique environment where your child will learn important values and build a foundation for success.
How did NinjaZone begin?
NinjaZone was created by Casey Wright, the youngest state gymnastics champion in Indiana, who quit competing before her teenage years and went on to college to pursue her sports marketing degree. She took over her parents’ gymnastics business and created NinjaZone as a way to attract boys to the typically female-dominated sport of gymnastics.
NinjaZone at UTSC
Ninja Zone was introduced to UTSC in Athens, Georgia by Jenessa Collins. Jenessa was a gymnast at Auburn University and has been continuing her study of gymnastics since 1998. She is now the owner and head coach of Athens Gymnastics, which has classes held at UTSC. Jenessa was introduced to NinjaZone at her previous gym in Kansas City, Missouri and believed it could be a unique addition to Athens, Georgia. Alongside Jenessa at UTSC are two wonderful NinjaZone coaches Embyr Williams and SanQuan Holland, both holding black belts in martial arts. Embyr has a black belt in Taekwondo and SanQuan received his black belt in Hapkido with an emphasis in self-defense.
To the left is a picture of one of our NinjaZone classes at UTSC!
This is not your typical after school sport or activity. NinjaZone is unique for many reasons.
To name a few…
1. PHYSICAL BENEFITS: Your child will build strength and improve his or her agility by using safe techniques and body movements. Coordination and total body awareness will increase as a result of key elements taught such as focus and balance.
2. LIFE BENEFITS: Much like in a martial art, discipline, responsibility, and self control are core objectives for the class. This will assist your child in his or her academics and daily life. Your child’s self confidence will grow as he or she discovers their boundless capabilities and how awesome they really are.
3. NinjaZone offers both a community and an individual experience. Kids are increasing their physical fitness as individuals and are surrounded by their peers doing the same, often times working together with their peers to conquer a specific drill.
4. NinjaZone creatively disguises the ability to teach our children crucial life lessons with a fun, physical activity kids love.
5. NinjaZone offers our children the ability to create. Unlike a typical sport such as tennis or Taekwondo, our Ninjas get the opportunity to add their own creativity to this sport. Of course specific moves are taught, but when there is space for improvisation, for example on an obstacle course, we encourage our ninjas to embody their creativity.
How can I sign my child up for their NinjaZone mission?
If you have made the decision to sign your child up for a NinjaZone mission at United Team Sports Center in Athens, Georgia, you can visit our website at https://www.utscenter.com/ninjazone and select the class that best suits your child’s age. We offer classes for children ages three and under, ages four to seven, and ages eight and up. If you’d like to learn more about NinjaZone you can visit their main website at https://theninjazone.com/.
“NinjaZone embodies discipline, focused energy, and skill to develop children for life.” —NinjaZone