Hey guys! I know you are familiar with United Team Sports Center, but are you aware of how many things take place here? Today I want to talk about the variety of opportunities we offer! I know, I know, your schedule is already packed with your child’s after school activities and weekend travel ball games. However, sometimes our schedules get so repetitive that we crave to be a part of something new! Sometimes our kids are looking to find the perfect sports team match. Perhaps you are interested in joining an adult sports league while your children are in school. Maybe you need a new venue to host your child’s next birthday party or your business luncheon? Well, if any of these interest you, United Team Sports Center is your place to be!
To help you out, I’ve created a list of the top ten things happening at UTSC!
- Athens Fencing Club– We are so excited to offer the sport of fencing at UTSC! Have you ever wanted to learn to fence? If so, come join our fencing club or simply sign up for fencing class. This is an opportunity extremely unique to UTSC and Athens itself! We offer three classes a week for beginners with your first class free! Classes offered: Mondays: 6-7:30 pm Tuesdays: 5:30-7 pm Thursdays: 5:30-7 pm
- League Play- There are numerous sports leagues that we offer for you to be a part of including ladies volleyball, men’s volleyball, lacrosse, soccer, and pickleball. We offer open play for many of these multiple times a week with all skill levels welcome. Pickleball is something that we are so excited to offer at UTSC. For the past 13 years, pickleball has been the fastest growing sport in America, will we make it the most popular sport in Athens, Ga?? We offer pickleball Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 9am-1pm through March, and will be creating a new schedule for the months following!
- Carlos Strong Basketball- We offer an amazing basketball program led by the infamous Carlos Strong, a former UGA basketball and NBA player. He leads future basketball stars in three different programs: the Carlos Strong Developmental League, Strong United Travel Ball, and the Junior NBA League. Breakdowns of each of these individual leagues can be found on our website or in a new blog post coming soon! Upcoming: Developmental League- March1st-June 30th Strong United Travel Ball- March 1st-June 30th Junior NBA League- TBD
- Ninjazone- NinjaZone is one of our favorites! NinjaZone introduces Ninja Sport to children through a combination of gymanstics, martial arts, obstacle course training, and freestyle movement. Your child will learn discipline, confidence, and character building techniques while unleashing their inner ninja! Upcoming Ninja Zone missions: April 9th-June 28th July 9th-September 20th September 25th-December 11th
- Athens Gymnastics- We are proud to be the newest gymnastics facility in Athens, Georgia and the home of Athens Gymnastics. Led by owner and head coach Jenessa Collins, a former Auburn University gymnast and alumni, Athens Gymnastics offers a safe, positive environment for children to further their gymnastics skill set. There are four levels offered including ABC gym, beginner, intermediate, and team training. ABC gym is for children ages three and under and gives each child the opportunity to explore, jump, and play! Beginner gymnastics requires no experience and everyone is welcome! Beginner classes will help our future gymnasts build muscle, technique, strength, and confidence. Intermediate classes are targeted towards those who have had basic gymnastics training. The team training program is by invitation only, and invites team members to compete at levels 1-3 and Excel Bronze and Silver. If your child is interested in gymnastics, bring them to a class at UTSC and see what all the hype is about! Gymnastics schedules: ABC Gym: Mondays at 4:30pm, Wednesdays at 6:30pm Beginner Gymnastics: Ages 6-12- Mondays at 5:30 pm Ages 9-18- Mondays at 6:30 pm Ages 6-12- Wednesdays at 5:30 pm Intermediate Gymnastics: Ages 8-18- Mondays: 5:30-7 pm Team Training: Mondays at 5:30 pm
- Open Gym- Want to shoot some hoops or play volleyball after you drop your kids off at school? We offer multiple open gym times during the week so you can come and work on your skills and maybe even play a pickup game with others!
- Birthday Parties- If you are looking for somewhere to host your child’s next birthday party, or even your own next birthday party, we would love to help! With our 20 foot ceilings, three basketball courts, batting cages, and 7,500 sq. ft turf space, we are ready for whatever sport themed party you desire! Themes range from basketball and football to gymnastics, volleyball, soccer, and any other games you can think of that we can make work in our space! We can’t wait to help you or your kids turn a year older!
- Rentals- Along with birthday parties, we offer space rentals for corporate events, homeschooling events, church events, team building events, and more! We offer rentals of our basketball courts, turf, and batting cages as well. Come over to the center and rent out your heart’s desire! Get in touch with us and we would love to make your event happen!
- Strike 3- Strike 3 is a private softball pitching program consisting of private pitching sessions. Led by instructor Randee Bettis, this program is for girls ages fourteen and under and will focus on the fundamentals and mechanics of pitching, ball control and movement, and velocity. Sign your daughter up and watch her gain confidence in her pitching!
- Toddler Time- Are you looking for a new space that your toddler can explore and play? Or maybe a new way to expend your child’s energy so you both get a great nap? Toddler time might be your saving grace. We offer an open play time for you and your child to explore and play together. Toddler Time: Wednesdays 10-11:30 am- $5 cash at the door, or sign up online!
We can’t wait to see what you choose! Contact us with any questions at (706)850-3100 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org! Excited to hear from you soon!